Today’s Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video featured new Nintendo Switch games for Yoshi, Kirby and Xenoblade Chronicles, plus new looks at key titles such as Super Mario Odyssey. Two fan-favorite request were announced Metroid Prime 4 game and a Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video can be seen in its entirety at http://e3.nintendo.com.
This year, Nintendo will see a constant delivery of great games for both Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, headlined by Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch system. Three Super Mario Odyssey series amiibo figures – Mario, Princess Peach and Bowser in their wedding outfits – will be sold separately and as a three-pack when the game launches on Oct. 27. These amiibo can be seen in Nintendo’s booth at E3, alongside two new amiibo figures in the Super Mario series: Goomba and Koopa Troopa.
Other upcoming games for Nintendo Switch:
- Pokkén Tournament DX from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and The Pokémon Company will let players take direct control of the prized Pokémon fighters to defeat other Pokémon in arena battles. With new fighters on the roster and new support Pokémon, this is the definitive version of the game, which saw a strong fan reaction to the Wii U original. Pokkén Tournament DX launches on Sept. 22.
- In Yoshi’s new game, players explore a huge world decorated like a miniature diorama. Each side-scrolling stage has the traditional front side as well as a back side that lets players explore the world from a different view to find new surprises. Yoshi’s new adventure begins in 2018.
- In the first mainline Kirby game for Nintendo Switch, the ever-friendly puffball can recruit enemies by hitting them with hearts to gather a party of up to four characters, or join with up to three friends* for co-op play. Kirby can even combine copy abilities to create combo attacks for defeating enemies and solving puzzles. This game will release in 2018.
- In Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the latest entry in the acclaimed RPG series, a new hero will seek out Elysium on an immense journey through a new world. The game launches this holiday season.
- And in Fire Emblem Warriors from Koei Tecmo Games, players take control of favorite Fire Emblem franchise characters such as Marth, Xander and female Corrin, as well as new characters exclusive to this game. Players unleash over-the-top moves and strategize with the classic weapons triangle as they try to defeat hordes of fighters in a variety of areas, including some that are inspired by well-known Fire Emblem locations, such as Hoshido Castle. Fire Emblem Warriors launches this fall for Nintendo Switch, and will also be available for New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 2DS XL.
Nintendo Switch will enjoy strong third-party support from some of the top publishers and developers in the industry. A sampling includes:
- Rocket League from Psyonix lets up to eight players* compete in a high-powered hybrid of arcade soccer and driving. The Nintendo Switch version of the game includes exclusive Customization Items and Battle-Cars. The game launches this holiday season.
- As a special treat for Nintendo fans, select items from The Legend of Zelda franchise will appear in the Nintendo Switch version of Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim when it releases this holiday.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft is a playful mashup of the Mushroom Kingdom and the irreverent Rabbids. The turn-based combat adventure combines classic Mario characters and wonderfully hilarious Mario-themed Rabbids with fun exploration and gameplay. The game launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch on Aug. 29.
- EA SPORTS FIFA 18 delivers all of the action fans expect from the world’s most popular sports video game franchise, and now players can play the world’s game anytime, anywhere, in brand new ways with FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch. The game launches on Sept. 29.
Nintendo showed details of the upcoming DLC packs for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The two packs are available only as part of the Expansion Pass for $19.99. The first pack, “The Master Trials,” launches June 30, and the second one, “The Champions’ Ballad,” arrives during the holiday season. Nintendo also announced upcoming amiibo of the four champions from the game for release during the holiday season: the Goron champion Daruk, the Rito champion Revali, the Zora champion Mipha and the Gerudo champion Urbosa.
In addition to announcing Metroid Prime 4 in the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video, Nintendo also announced during Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 that a classic Metroid adventure would return, rebuilt from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The Metroid: Samus Returns game is a modern reimagining of the 1991 Game Boy adventure Metroid II: Return of Samus. Intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities such as the powerful Melee Counter, 360-degree Free Aim Mode and mysterious Aeion Abilities. This intense, side-scrolling action-platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette. The game launches on Sept. 15.
Additional news, commentary and gameplay of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games will be featured every day of the show on Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, which can be viewed at http://e3.nintendo.com.