The Dragon of Dojima has had quite a journey that fans have enjoyed over the years. Finally this early morning SEGA just announced what fans have been waiting for. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the final chapter of long time protagonist Kazuma Kiryu’s story, is coming to the West on March 20, 2018 for PlayStation 4 ! The game will be will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99/CA$79.99 in the Americas, £49.99 in the United Kingdom, €59.99 in the rest of Europe, and A$89.99 in Australia.
In Yakuza 6, Kiryu will find out exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice for family – be those ties through blood or bond – when he investigates a series of shadowy events that involve the ones he holds closest to his heart. He’ll journey to familiar grounds in Kamurocho and the new setting of Onomichi, a beautiful, sleepy port town in Hiroshima Prefecture, in order to find the answers he seeks. Powered by the brand-new Dragon Engine, the game is the ultimate iteration of Yakuza’s blend of gritty crime story, hyper-explosive combat, and all the vices and distractions those locales have to offer.
Yakuza 6 is Kiryu’s last outing as the main protagonist in Yakuza, to celebrate the occasion is that the series is getting its first-ever premium edition! The ultra-classy “After Hours Premium Edition” contains the perfect tools to lounge like a true yakuza:
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
The “After Hours Premium Edition” will be available for the suggested retail price of $89.99/CA$119.99/£79.99/€89.99/A$129.99 in their respective regions. You can pre-order or grab the limited launch edition of the game which contains a sleek hardcover art book that also doubles as the disc holder!
Without further ado, check out the adrenaline-pumping new gameplay trailer below!
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life features:
- Enter the “Dragon Engine” – Explore the world of Yakuza like never before. Yakuza 6 is the first current-gen Yakuza title that was developed from the ground up for the PS4, introducing the seedy Japanese underworld with detailed visuals, lifelike animations, a new physics engine, interactive storefronts, seamless transitions and more. That’s right! Fights can start on the streets and end in a pile of shattered glass, scattered snacks, and bruised bodies on the floor of the nearest Poppo convenience store.
- Explore Kamurocho Reborn and the Scenic Views of Onomichi – Speaking of Dragon Engine, the hypnotic lights, opportunistic inhabitants, and hedonistic distractions of Kamurocho look better than ever. Revamped minigames like karaoke, batting cages, darts, hostesses, and the SEGA arcade have been streamlined for maximum pleasure, and new additions like the RIZAP Gym, Cat Café, and Clan Creator are the purrfect distractions after a long night of bashing heads! But it’s also time to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life to play tourist in beautiful Onomichi. This tranquil coastal community is home to plenty of local activities like bar mingling, spearfishing (think action-packed rail shooter … with fish), and more!
- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor – Yakuza 6 Kiryu is a 100% certified thugfed OG, so that means he’s a battle-hardened veteran when it comes to the art of street fighting. Although he utilizes one fighting style this time around, you best believe Kiryu hits like a truck. Devastating combos and bone-breaking Heat Actions make a return, but now the Dragon of Dojima can fill up a meter to engage Extreme Heat Mode. When activated, Kiryu glows blue and unleashes heavy-damage combos with his fists or any “tool” that’s close at hand. Painting painful masterpieces has never felt so good.
- Fully Voiced Japanese Audio – For the first time in series history, every line and piece of dialogue is fully voiced in Japanese. Let the dramatic story and absurd humor of the series unfold like an interactive foreign film experience.