One of the most revered role-playing game franchises of all time returns to the West with DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age coming to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and STEAM on September 4.
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and series composer Koichi Sugiyama. As the eleventh mainline entry in the critically acclaimed series, DRAGON QUEST XI is a completely standalone experience that features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike. After its release in Japan, DRAGON QUEST XI won multiple gaming awards and received critical praise, including PlayStation’s Platinum Prize and a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu (Japanese publication).
In addition to delivering over 100 hours of content, the Western release of DRAGON QUEST XI will also feature several upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the Japanese release, including:
- English Voiceover
- Draconian Quest, a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players.
- Overhauled Menus & UI, with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation.
- Camera Mode, allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail.
- A New Dash Function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement
Beginning today, adventurers who pre-order from the PlayStation Store can treat themselves to the exclusive “The Legend Reborn” Theme as an instant reward, along with in-game DLC items when the game launches – check out the following link for more details.
- PlayStation Store: http://sqex.to/DQ11PSN
Full details on a SQUARE ENIX Store exclusive edition for the PlayStation 4 system will be revealed soon. For more information, please visit the game’s official social channels and website.
To get first look at gameplay from the Western version of DRAGON QUEST XI, look down below.
To view the game’s CG title sequence, look down below.
[Source: Square Enix]