This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content: Continue reading NEW NINTENDO DOWNLOADS – 9/21/17
Today’s Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video featured new Nintendo Switch games for Yoshi, Kirby and Xenoblade Chronicles, plus new looks at key titles such as Super Mario Odyssey. Two fan-favorite request were announced Metroid Prime 4 game and a Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video can be seen in its entirety at http://e3.nintendo.com. Continue reading Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 Highlights
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – the latest games in the wildly popular Pokémon franchise have been breaking records for Nintendo. First it was the most pre-ordered game in their history and now its their fastest-selling games that Nintendo has ever launched in the Americas. In less than two weeks, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon sold a combined total of 3.7 million units. An outstanding 85 percent increase over Pokémon X and Pokémon Y – the previous record holders for Nintendo’s fastest-selling games – during the same period when those games launched in 2013. How much have you been enjoying the latest adventure in the Alola region?
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – Embark on a new adventure and catch, battle and trade new Pokémon on the tropical islands of the Alola Region. Discover Z-Moves and unleash these intense attacks in battle. Call upon Pokémon with Poké Ride to discover new areas across the region and take on the Island Challenge Trials to become the Pokémon Champion! Who are you going to choose as your partner Pokémon: Rowlet, Litten or Popplio? The Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games will be available on Nov. 18. Until then, don’t forget you can download the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version and meet the Pokémon that can be found in the full versions of the games. Ash-Greninja, the Pokémon that appears alongside Ash in the animated TV series Pokémon the Series: XYZ, will also appear as a member of your team and can be transferred to the full version of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon once purchased when the games launch Nov. 18.
- Swapdoodle – The Swapdoodle game is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!
Wii Retail on Wii U
- Wario Land: Shake It – Wario returns to form, with all the jumping, power-dashing and butt-stomping we’ve come to expect. With the Wii Remote controller turned sideways, veterans and newcomers alike can run, jump and smash their way through hectic side-scrolling stages. By shaking the Wii Remote, you can shake down your enemies, free coins from treasure bags and even cause in-game earthquakes. Purchase and download this vibrant Wii console platformer on the Wii U console today!
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Excitebike 64 – Grind your way through the extreme sport of motocross and attempt more than a dozen outrageous tricks, such as heel clickers, cliffhangers and bar hops. Select from six different riders – each with her or his own unique style – and race across 20 stadium tracks and outdoor courses. You can also create your very own courses or race against up to four friends (additional controllers required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes – This holiday season, My Nintendo members have a chance to win big! Members can enter the My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes now through 2 p.m. PT on Nov. 21 simply by choosing the five gifts that top their wish lists this year. Not a member yet? Sign up for free and then enter the sweepstakes. Head to http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/ to learn more and enter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 2:00 PM PT on 11/14/16 and ends 2:00 PM PT on 11/21/16. To enter, vote for your top 5 Nintendo products as stated in Official Rules. Eight winners will each receive one prize package (ARV US $242.96–292.96). For Official Rules, visit www.nintendo.com/corp/My-Nintendo-Holiday-Sweepstakes-2016/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon – Tropical – Available Nov. 18
- Pokémon Solgaleo/Lunala – Available Nov. 18
Also new this week:
- Touch Battle Tank – Tag Combat (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Exile’s End (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available Nov. 22
- Ohayou! Beginner’s Japanese (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Swap Fire (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo showcased new information for the latest games in the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, coming to North America on November 18 and available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Final Evolutions Revealed below.
The following new Pokémon have been revealed:
The Arrow Quill Pokémon Decidueye is the fully evolved form of the Grass- and Flying-type first-partner Pokémon Rowlet. Decidueye attacks with astonishing speed, plucking arrow quills from its wings to send them hurtling towards its target with precise aim. This Pokémon is able to move about whilst completely masking its presence from others. Decidueye is the only Pokémon that can learn the move Spirit Shackle. This new Ghost-type move hits an opponent and makes it unable to leave the battle—it can’t flee or switch out.
The Heel Pokémon Incineroar is the fully evolved form of the Fire-type first-partner Pokémon Litten. As Incineroar’s fighting spirit increases, the flames it produces within its body burst from its navel and waistline. These flames resemble a championship belt, which it uses to unleash its moves. Incineroar is the only Pokémon able to learn the move Darkest Lariat. This new Dark-type physical attack allows Incineroar to deal damage to an enemy whilst ignoring the effects of any stat changes on that enemy.
The Soloist Pokémon Primarina is the fully evolved form of the Water-type first-partner Pokémon Popplio. As Primarina dances, it releases balloons of water and controls their movement using the sound waves from its voice. Primarina uses some of these balloons to jump on and maneuver in battle whilst others explode when touched, which can trigger chained explosions. Primarina is the only Pokémon that can learn Sparkling Aria, a new Water-type special move which heals the burns of any target it strikes.
The Nebula Pokémon Cosmog is extremely rare, known only to a select few across Alola. Named by the Aether Foundation, Cosmog is very curious, and its gaseous body is so lightweight that it’s sent flying when the wind blows. When light falls on the Pokémon, Cosmog can absorb it and grow bigger.
Alolan Persian is highly intelligent and doesn’t like to grow attached to its Trainer, making it something of a difficult Pokémon to have as a battle partner. The round face of Alolan Persian is a symbol of the rich Alola region, and it is held to be a Pokémon of great beauty. Its exquisite coat shines with the glow of high quality and enchants both humans and Pokémon. For this reason, it is a very popular Pokémon in the Alola region.
Also unveiled were three Alola region guardian deities—Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini:
Tapu Lele is the guardian deity of Akala island. This Pokémon scatters glowing scales that have physical effects on others—providing stimulation to their bodies and healing their illnesses or injuries. Tapu Lele has the Ability Psychic Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Psychic Surge, the field will be turned into Psychic Terrain, which boosts the power of any Psychic-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground and prevents them from being hit by priority moves.
Tapu Bulu is the guardian deity of Ula’ula Island. This Pokémon has the power to manipulate vegetation and cause it to grow. It can use this power to make its wooden horns change shape and grow larger. Tapu Bulu has the Ability Grassy Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Grassy Surge, the field will be turned into Grassy Terrain, boosting the power of any Grass-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground and restoring a bit of HP to them each turn. It also halves the damage taken from the moves Earthquake, Magnitude and Bulldoze.
Tapu Fini is the guardian deity of Poni Island. This Pokémon is able to attack by manipulating water. It does not like to risk being harmed during battle, so it creates a thick fog to disorient its opponents and lead them to their own destruction. Tapu Fini has the Ability Misty Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Misty Surge, the field will be turned into Misty Terrain, halving the damage taken by Pokémon on the ground from Dragon-type moves and preventing them from being afflicted with status conditions or confusion.
All of the guardian deities can use the special Z-Move Guardian of Alola. When using this Z-Move, the Pokémon closes its shell and a huge avatar appears from the ground to attack the opposing Pokémon, dealing damage equal to 75 percent of the target’s remaining HP.
In previous adventures in the Pokémon series, the Pokémon League was always the ultimate stage for battle. The Pokémon League housed the Elite Four (four Pokémon Trainers with powerful Pokémon partners) and the Champion (who reigned as the region’s top Trainer), all awaiting challengers. In the Alola region, there is no Pokémon League yet—but it seems that there are plans to construct one at the peak of a certain mountain. After your major achievement in completing the island challenge, will the day come when you also take on the Pokémon League to become the strongest Pokémon Trainer?
Somewhere in Alola, you’ll find the Battle Tree. It’s a place where Trainers who have completed their island challenge, or who are strong enough to have done so, battle one another. You can scout an opponent you’ve battled against so they can partner and fight alongside you in future battles. You may even see some familiar faces, including the Trainers Red and Blue from the Kanto region!
A new trailer that showcases the new Pokémon and characters can be found below.
For more information, please visit Pokemon.com/SunMoon.
Lastly, Nintendo announced that Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are officially the best pre-selling games in Nintendo history. Additionally, the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version is the most downloaded demo on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Nintendo History!